Thursday, July 15, 2010

dirty, filthy love

Caleb really loves picking up rocks and splashing in puddles, mushing up dirt in his bare hands, and just getting down and dirty. Normally I ask him to keep it at a minimum so there isn't as much to clean up when he's done, but today... I decided to be a good mother and just let him have at it.




Brown shorts were a must for this adventure. Ewwwww!



Oh, and this is my favorite dog in the neighborhood. There are about a dozen mutts (along with a pure rottweiler) running around this place, and they drive us crazy! They bark at anything and everything, leave gifts of ripped up garbage and droppings in our yard, and charge us when we walk to the community dumpster every other day. I was actually attacked by three of them recently (just a scratch on my leg and a hole in my shorts - luckily Caleb wasn't with me), and have carried a weapon when venturing outside ever since. The worst part is, most of them belong to our landlord or one of his siblings (all four withing a few blocks - they're Greek).

This little white and brown lady has no name as far as I know, but she has a sweet disposition and is incredibly loyal. She protects me from the other dogs, and is the only one that never barks. I'd smother her with all the love and affection she deserves if she wasn't covered with fleas and flies, poor thing. I wish Caleb could pet her too, 'cause he loves dogs ("dah.. oof oof"). At least we can enjoy each other's company.

No comments: