Thursday, February 12, 2009

a day at the beach

We were tired of being cooped up in the house, and my mom needed to experience a Carolina beach while she was on the East Coast. We'd been planning the trip (of about 15 miles) for a few days, but by the time we got a cheance to leave, we were almost out of daylight. It's a good thing we waited until today to go though. It hasn't been this nice all week. What a gorgeous day to be outside, enjoy the sunshine, and get a little fresh air in the form of a sea breeze.


Just another perk of my mom being here is that we have a third (or fourth, in this case) party to take pictures of our little family. That way we don't have to resort to shots like this one:
"Okay, now one of just Caleb."

I believe a good time was had by all. I got to stretch my legs and hold hands with my hubby while we pushed the little one in his stroller for the first time. Gran was practically glowing she was enjoying the scene so much. And what would a day at the beach be without collecting a few worthless rocks and shells? I found it amusing to watch my mom gush over all the agates that were strewn over the sand, because we used to make trips down to the Oregon coast specifically to "hunt" and collect these very same rocks, during a certain time of the year when they were known to be most abundant... and there they were.

No comments: