Friday, May 1, 2009

after all that

Three months ago, all we knew about Michael's second and final deployment was that it would happen sometime this year. Three weeks ago, we knew it would happen sometime this month. Three days ago, we found out the plane leaves on the 2nd of May. Well we planned out our finances for the next 7 months and moved me and Caleb back out to Washington. Everyone was counting on us being here and him being gone, and I did a fair amount of crying, and worrying. Turns out it was all for nothing.

Sometime last week Michael twisted his foot wrong during a run at work and heard a loud pop. He finished the workout in pain and walked on it for several days, ran on it twice, and it popped once again. They found out this morning that it broke both times so it's a compound fracture, and now has a black cast on it. Looks like there won't be a second deployment for Lance Corporal Stover afterall, or for his friends and family.

So now we're in limbo again, trying to figure out how long I should stay here so Caleb and I can visit everyone, and how in the world we're going to get enough money together to get into an apartment, drive us back over there, repair the Rx7, and all the other little things... We'll just have to wait and see how all this turns out.

1 comment:

Sheena Marie said...

You should stay through the summer! So you can come to my baby shower in July and meet my little one in August! Kinda sounds like I'm making it all about me here... :)