Wednesday, July 22, 2009

updates

1. Caleb actually enjoys his baths now. He splashes way too much for them to last very long, but at least he's not squirming and whining when I try to scrub him down. His favorite part is, of course, getting rinsed off with the sprayer. I love it when he tries to grab the water coming from it - not so much when he kicks the faucet and adjusts the temperature it took me five minutes to perfect.



2. We started giving him apple juice a few weeks ago to help get him a little more regular in the dirty diaper area. One time in three weeks was a little too... infrequent, but he's up to 3 or 4 times a week now. He surprised us by holding his own bottle after only ever drinking out of one a handful of times.



3. Even though he isn't cutting teeth yet, Caleb's showing all the other signs of starting on solid foods. So we bought some rice cereal and mixed it with a little mother's milk... and he gobbled it right up. No spitting it out, and minimal grabbing. I was so proud.



4. I'll admit that a small motivator in starting him on solids was that his belly would be content before bed-time and he might get a full-nights sleep (he only has twice since we moved back to Washington in April). It's been pretty rough on me laying down for 1-1/2 to 3 hours at a time before he's awake again, and takes at least a half hour (sometimes two hours) to go back down. Luckily, right when I thought I would lose my mind if we went another night like that, he slept for about 7 hours last night, and for the first time in three months, I actually feel rested.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this last picture the most, he looks so precious!