Thursday, August 13, 2009

not cooperating





He's usually a champ at eating (if I get the timing and the consistency just right in preparing his rice cereal) but today, not so much. I'm guessing his lack of interest in the food was a mixture between failure on my part, and Caleb's new favorite past-time... blowing raspberries. He's been doing it for about a week, pretty much since he started cutting teeth. It's usually pretty cute, but a little less so when you end up feeding the bib more than the baby.

I just love the tongue action here.



He's getting better at sitting, but everything else that goes with it is coming a little more slowly.





It was pretty silly when he couldn't figure out how to sit up straight again. Then right after this video was taken, his toy got too far away... He just kept reaching and reaching, but he could only go so far with his legs underneath him like that. I tried to sit there like a good mother and let him figure it out himself, but he got really frustrated and I had to help him out. Poor little guy.



And of course, what would floor travel be without a little discovery, mostly of things he shouldn't be getting into. I'm pleased with his apparent interest in books, but I don't think those books can say the same thing. "But mom, they're so tastey, and it sounds cool when I tear and crumple up the pages." Looks like it's time to invest in some cardboard decoys.





Mmhm, act all innocent too.

No comments: