Friday, September 11, 2009

congratulations Michael



Michael received a Good Conduct Medal at his three-year mark, which means he hasn't gotten in trouble for anything since he joined the Marine Corps on September 11th, 2006. He's been through all that intense training and stress and long hours without ever being late, or violent, or drunk, or even so much as getting pulled over by a cop. As easy as it would've been to sleep in fifteen minutes, or go 5 mph over the speed limit, or not do the extra two hours of work when he just got home from thirteen... he always did what he was supposed to. I know he didn't want to get punished for doing anything like that, but he also didn't want to let me and Caleb down, and for that I am very greatful. I've heard horror stories of guys that lost their pay and had to stay in the barracks for 45 days because of stupid decisions like underage drinking, and their wives had to suffer with them. I'm glad I never have to worry about ever being in that situation, because Michael is such a good, responsible, and disciplined man.

No comments: