Thursday, September 3, 2009

whisked away

I haven't published anything in a week because, well, it's been a rough week.

From mid-day Firday to Monday morning, Caleb had a nasty fever (it got to 105.1 Saturday night) so our weekend was full of holding a sick baby, letting him roll around wearing nothing but a diaper and a wet washcloth on his head (wish I would've gotten pictures!), trying to get him to eat or drink anything, letting him sleep on us or else not at all, being thrown up on a few times, and a couple cool baths - for me and him. It slowly burned off though. Then Tuesday brought a rash of some sort, spread over his whole body no less.

At least when he was sick or presumably itchy, I understood why he was constantly fussy, but since he got better... his crying has just gotten worse. He's gotten especially good at crawling towards me, tugging at my pant leg and saying "Ma-ma," which is so very pathetic, and adorable. He truly isn't happy unles I'm holding him, and even then he wants to be walked around, or squirming in my arms. I didn't think I could possible have any patience left, but luckily, it came to me anyway.

He's showing signs of improvement, and it gives me hope that this is just a phase... a state of spoiled rotten-ness. Thank goodness! Because I don't know that my shoulders, elbows, and wrists were made for a juggling act with a 21-pound baby.... So this last week has been pictureless because any shot I might've taken of him wouldd've captured him crying, or pouting at the least.

Then this evening when Michael said "Hey, look what he's doing," I had to whip out the camera. All three bags of fresh, local veggies from the farmer's market were still laying out on the floor, waiting to be peeled and pureed (I let him play with the plasting bags as long as he has his pacifier in, and is being supervised), and I guess he got a better hold of one than he bargained for. It was presently being dragged behind him while he made his way towards a "toy" when his daddy saw what was going on. I guess he got his arm through the hole, turned and scooted away, and the bag came with!




The reason behind the whisk is that he seems to be getting bored with his own toys, and is therefore getting into things he shouldn't. So I strategically place non-toy items - usally kitchen gadgets and tupperware - about the room and he's just fascinated with them. This one was an especially good find.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry you had a tough time. But your kiddo is so cute with the whisk.