Wednesday, March 4, 2009

one month old

My, how quickly a month goes by when there's a newborn in the house. All the feedings and diaper changes just meshed together into one long day in the life of a mommy. But look how much he's grown!



He's a chubby dude, that's for sure, but that just means he's healthy. We actually had a volunteer from Visiting Nurses stop by today to assess his development, give me some tips for the first couple months, and answer any questions. She was kind enough to tell me how handsome and perfect he was, and to give me a bunch of awesome resources around the community. Plus, it was pretty neat that we got to have his weight and length measured right at the month marker.

He weighed 9lbs 5oz at birth and measured 20in, which I just found out is in the 91st and 62nd percentile for newborns. Now he 12lbs 3oz and 22-1/2in, which is 95th and 77th, respectively. Big boy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey sis, if you don't know already you should check out MOPs (Mother's of Preschoolers, I LOVE going to my group) and La Leche League. Both groups are great and you can probably find ones in your area with a google search.