Monday, January 12, 2009

nesting

After months of hard work, I think I've finally put the finishing touches on the 'nursery'. Being a stay-at-home mother-to-be, I've really had nothing better to do with my time - while Michael's at work anyways. There was already a lot of color in the room, but now it feels like it has more of a theme, and should stimulate Caleb's senses nicely.

The crib bedding was my favorite part, until we got everything else, that is.


I was thrilled to find this mobile (on sale) at Target. We'd been seaching for weeks for one that matched the bedding and the color scheme we wanted. And look! Matching receiving blankets!

Maybe I got a little carried away with painting the wooden letters and the little figurines (honestly, it took HOURS), but it was a lot of fun, and I don't mind putting so much time into something for my guy.



We bought these wooden pieces at Michael's, along with a small bottle of acrylic paint in every color (save purple), and these are the final product. You'll notice on the airplane, a little note from Caleb's daddy to his mommy. That was fun to find there. I should leave my paints out more often.

I love this. The Stover Express.

We're using colorful canvas storage bins to hold all of his clothes and blankets and other goodies that we've gotten as gifts. More on that later when I get them all washed and organized. I think we have everthing we're gonna need for the first little bit, except a monitor, a mattress pad, and..... the baby! Yay for feeling prepared, at last.

No comments: