Thursday, January 1, 2009

new beginings

I guess you could say that it's one of my resolutions to start up this blog about my Bump and the sweet little boy that will soon be in our lives, and what day would be more suitable for the first entry than the first day of the new year? The obvious intention is to keep friends and relatives up-to-date on all the happenings in the Stover household, most importantly those of baby Caleb, but I also thought it would be neat to have this space to help me reflect, and later, to remenisce. It's a project that I've been looking forward to doing ever since we found out we were expecting, and since I've had my sister-in-law's blog as an example. I know our son is going to be the biggest joy, and I want to be able to share him with everyone, even if it has to be through words, pictures, and videos, considering most of the people in our lives won't have the chance to witness it first-hand for some time...


This is the first of many pictures you will see that features me, my wonderful husband Michael, and our tiny blessing beneath the bump, Caleb Preston Stover. The shot was taken by my big brother Darin's wife Deanna the day after Christmas, and I absolutely love it. I'd say we're pretty much smitten with our little man already (not to mention madly in love with each other ;]), and overall very excited to meet him and embark upon the incredible journey that is parenthood!


I've heard there's no way to prepare for what having a baby actually requires - mentally, emotionally, and physically - and I know it's going to be the hardest thing I've ever done, but I also have a pretty good feeling that it'll be the most thrilling and rewarding experience of my life, and I really feel like I'm ready... most of the time. I can't imagine a greater happiness than sharing all the love I posess with my spouse and with this child, and seeing the amazing person he turns out to be.

So here's to the new year, and the new beginnings it will bring. I hope to continue to better myself, to be the best wife and mother I can possibly be, and to enrich the lives of those I love.







No comments: