Sunday, January 18, 2009

so many clothes

Our collection started with a modest two garbage bags full of baby clothes that I bought used one LejeuneYardSales.com, about 100 pieces in all. Some were very cute and others weren't even worth keeping. I washed 'em up and organized them into two big canvas bins in a shelf unit and I thought we were all set. Then came Christmas, visiting grandparents- and great-grandparents-to-be (not to mention aunts, uncles, siblings, and friends), and everyone gifted a few more adorable outfits, and some very sweet and snuggly blankets. We got another box full of clothes (also with roughly 100 items) from Grandma Kathy alone... and these are just size 0-3 months! Then there's a bin or two full of 3-9 month things, and 9+ items waiting for us back in Washington. I swear, we won't have to wash a single outfit until he's a year old.

Of the 75 onesies we have, my favorites are "Chicks Dig Me," "I Live For Cars and Girls," and anything with duckies or baseball theme, because they're just so Michael, and I have a feeling Caleb is going to take after his dad in a lot of ways. I can't wait to dress him in the "Lock Up Your Daughters" t-shirt (compliments of Grandpa Chris) and tote him around the store. He's gonna be a little heart-breaker, so watch out.

I've got his first couple outfits - complete with matching hats and socks - chosen and packed away in our hospital bag. I think they might provide clothes for the first few days, and who knows how big he'll be, but there's no harm in being prepared, right? Well, as much as I can be anyways.

No comments: