Monday, January 26, 2009

procrastinating

I think Michael hit the nail on the head today when he said "Great, our kid's already procrastinating." It's something he and I are both guilty of, and it seems we've passed it on to our son.

For those of you who know my due date was supposed to be January 24th, don't think that I'm holding out on you or anything. I still haven't had the baby, and I'm not showing an signs that labor's coming on any time in the immediate future. No dilation, no effacement, no water breakage, and no real contractions. It's pretty frustrating waiting every minute of the day for something to get started, but i'm trying my best not to get bitter and crabby.

I think that normally I'd be fine with him being a little late; he can take all the time he needs. However, tomorrow morning the Marine Corps is sending my husband away for two weeks, that is, unless I have the baby tonight. Talk about pressure. There's a chance that I won't have any help in this, that Michael's going to miss out on the most significant event of our lives, and it's just crazy stressful to think about, and slightly depressing.

Of course, being this pregnant, I'm already really emotional, and this is just putting me over the top. I know it's really important to stay positive though, so I'm just telling myself that it could be a lot worse, that my baby is healthy and at least his father is stateside. Besides, there's still a chance that someone down the chain of command will do us a favor and let Michael stay home, or come back from Virginia once I go into labor, and everything might go just swimmingly. There's at least some hope, right?

No comments: